In keeping with the President's vision to make the Obama Administration as accessible as possible, the White House is inviting the American People to sit back, relax, and follow along on his upcoming 2015 Hawaii Vacation.
The President's vacation began the moment he stepped onboard Air Force One.
His favorite Hawaiian treats: Chocolate macadamia nuts and a Mai Tai
On his first morning in Hawaii, President Obama enjoyed a relaxing sunrise walk on
President Obama cleverly uses Marine One to help him line up his shots at the Kaneohe
Klipper golf course
President Obama enjoying the quiet beauty of Bellows Beach
After a sunny start to his vacation, the weather takes a turn for the worse
After the Press Pool van broke down and the reporters were nowhere in sight,
the President went soaring as high as his recent approval ratings over the Ko'olaus.
President Obama played a round of golf with Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak
at the Kaneohe Klipper golf course
President Obama donated his motorcade to save Christmas in Kailua after Santa's
sleigh was grounded due to the no-fly zone over the island
President Obama sneaks up on Bo and Sunny at his Kailua rental house
The President prepares for his annual feast at Alan Wong's Restaurant
When the President is away for the day, Bo and Sunny get the run of the house
The President's 36-vehicle motorcade up to the North Shore could be seen from space!
President Obama takes on the big waves up on the North Shore
President Obama's vacation house had the best New Year's Eve fireworks display
With the First Lady nowhere in sight, President Obama orders the jumbo shave ice
In the spirit of openness and transparency, the President's Hawaii vacation was live-tweeted.Tweets by @ObamaHawaii
Due to an unfortunate "chewing incident" in the past involving First Dog Bo, the search for a suitable vacation rental home had become quite challenging.
To combat this problem, President Obama issued an Executive Order declaring that any pet-related damage would be covered by the "full faith and credit
guaranty" of the United States Government.
The President rented the same house as last year in his favorite Kailua beach neighborhood. An exact replica of the official White House fence was flown out in advance to provide both security and privacy for President Obama and his family.
Like most Americans, President Obama is a creature of habit. In 2015, the President plans to return to some of his favorite places. See if you can find them on the map below by clicking on the blue markers!
- Daily morning workout at the Semper Fit Center at MCBH
- Golf at the Kaneohe Klipper golf course
- Golf at the Mid-Pacific Country Club
- Golf at the Ko'olau Golf Club
- Golf at the Royal Hawaiian Golf Club
- Dinner at Alan Wong's Restaurant
- Dinner at Nobu Waikiki
- Dinner at Morimoto Waikiki
- Dinner at Vintage Cave at Ala Moana Center
- Visit Punchbowl Cemetery
- Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay
- Visit Sea Life Park
- Visit the Honolulu Zoo
- Christmas Day: Visit service members at Anderson Hall
- New Year's Eve: Traditional talent show at home
- Bowling at K-Bay Lanes at MCBH
- Basketball at MCBH
- Swim at Pyramid Rock Beach
- Swim at Bellows Beach
- Play tennis at the Kailua Racquet Club
- Shave Ice at Island Snow in Kailua
- Hike the Maunawili Falls trail
- Hike the Makapuu Lighthouse trail
- Hike the Manoa Falls trail
- Hike the Makiki Valley Loop trail
- Hike the Lanikai Pillbox trail
The "Obama Hawaii Vacation Bobblehead" comes in five fun styles: Snowbama; Surfing Obama; Ukulele Obama; Shaka Obama; and the most popular: Golfing Obama. Buy it now.
More about the Obama Hawaii Vacation 2015.