This year's 2015 Hawaii trip will be his last Christmas celebrated in Hawaii as President. He plans to break tradition next year in 2016 and spend his final Christmas in office at the White House, surrounded by family and friends. After leaving office, President Obama looks forward to returning to Hawaii each Christmas to continue his tradition in a new vacation home recently "purchased by a friend".
Due to an unfortunate "chewing incident" in the past involving First Dog Bo, the search for a suitable vacation rental home had become quite challenging.
To combat this problem, President Obama issued an Executive Order in 2013 declaring that any pet-related damage would be covered by the "full faith and credit
guaranty" of the United States Government.
The President plans to rent the same house as last year in his favorite Kailua beach neighborhood. An exact replica of the official White House fence will again be flown out in advance to provide both security and privacy for President Obama and his family.
In the spirit of openness and transparency, the President's Hawaii vacation will once again be live-tweeted.
Click on the blue markers to see pictures and highlights from President Obama's Hawaii vacation trips
- Morning workout at the Semper Fit Center
- Golf at the Kaneohe Klipper golf course
- Golf at the Mid-Pacific Country Club
- Dinner at Alan Wong's Restaurant
- Dinner at Nobu Waikiki
- Dinner at Morimoto Waikiki
- Visit Punchbowl Cemetery
- Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay
- Visit troops at Anderson Hall MCBH on Christmas
- New Year's Eve: Traditional talent show at home
- Bowling at K-Bay Lanes at MCBH
- Basketball at MCBH
- BBQ on the North Shore
- Picnic and Swimming at Bellows Beach
- Shave Ice at Island Snow in Kailua
- Hike a local trail
The "Obama Hawaii Vacation Bobblehead" comes in five fun styles: Snowbama; Surfing Obama; Ukulele Obama; Shaka Obama; and the most popular: Golfing Obama. Buy it now.